Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Mute Xbox Experience

So, I unpacked my new XBox 360, and went about attempting to connect it.

It only comes with one AV cable but no problem because it has an HDMI port on the back right?

Yes and no. The problem is: audio over the built in HDMI flat out won't work. I found an article that says Microsoft is attempting to fix the problem, but how am I going to hear my Xbox in the meantime?

After frustrating trips to Gamestop and Walmart to find out that Microsoft charges $50 for an xbox digital audio cable, I decided to use this article to Mutilate the excuse for a cable they include in the box so that I could jam them both in at the same time and actually see AND hear my games using the same stereo RCA connectors I used to connect my 8 track player to my grandmothers Hi Fi in 1981.

Classy Microsoft.



Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about that...I know I would have been a complete BITCH!!!:)

"...Let's have a very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Give with love and joy and happiness
And lots of good cheer..."

Merry Christmas from Reggie: The fuckery king!!!:)